I've just published an update to my Multi-Entity Search Solution (after being encouraged by my friend and fellow Dynamics CRM MVP Gus Gonzalez!).
- Search across multiple entities at once.
- Uses the same configuration as the mobile client 'Quick Find' (Settings->General ->Set Up Quick Find). This allows you to select which entities you would like to search across.
- Virtual Scrolling with new records loaded as you scroll rather than all loaded at once.
- Shows the primary entity image of returned records (if there is one) in the search results.
In the new version you'll find:
- A search button added to the top navigation bar* rather than using a Command Bar button.
- Auto searching as you type the search term
- Mouse Wheel horizontal scrolling support
*Since there is no supported way of doing this, I've had to do a little DOM shenanigans to get this to work the way Gus wanted!
To try it out you'll need to install the following 2 managed solutions:
If you like this, you might also like to check out my Start Menu Navigation for CRM2013!